Last week, at the didacta conference in Stuttgart, we announced that you can now install Nextcloud from the Univention App Center.
Many users have been asking us about this as the need for a private cloud technology is big and Nextcloud offers the most security-focused and reliable solution in the market.
About the Nextcloud app
If your organization would like the benefits of easy sharing and collaboration on data online as offered by various cloud vendors but needs to stay in control, ensuring no unauthorized access, Nextcloud is what you are looking for. Nextcloud offers a unique-in-the-industry fully open source solution for on-premise data handling and communication with an uncompromising focus on security and privacy.
We worked with Univention to improve the integration, making it easy to set up for users. Users of the UCS server will be automatically integrated in Nextcloud, receiving their own place with storage to sync and share files. Admins can also just log in and get to work, for example adding certain rules to make sure files don’t get shared where they should not with our File Access Control app or connecting external storage.
We currently offer these features to customers – you can get a support contract from us directly or via a partner to make sure your Nextcloud server runs as smooth as possible.
Nextcloud brings together universal access to data with next-generation secure communication and collaboration capabilities under direct control of IT and integrated with existing compliant infrastructure. It’s open, modular architecture, emphasis on security and advanced federation capabilities enable modern enterprises to leverage their existing assets within and across the borders of their organization.
Some of its most interesting features are:
- Easy web UI and clients for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac and Linux
- Easy collaboration and sharing files internal and external with optionally enforcable password and expiration date
- Audio/video chat built in, optional collaborative office document editing, Outlook integration and more
- External storage support like Windows Network Drive, FTP, WebDAV, NFS and more
- Many passive and active security features like two-factor authentication, brute force protection and CSP 3.0 as well as an audit log
- Full admin control over sharing with File Access Control rules like “DOCX can only be downloaded from within local network” or execute actions if certain conditions are met (like a tag is set)
Learn more on all of its features!
Strong Security Measures for Private Cloud
With two-factor authentication, brute force protection and many other security protections built in, the solution provides a wide range of security measures.
Compared to other private cloud solutions, Nextcloud offers stronger security measures, with two-factor authentication, brute force protection and many other security protections built in. It is fully open source and the most active file sync and share project being developed.
Learn about migrating from other solutions to Nextcloud.
Nextcloud typically targets organizations from 50 to tens of millions of users in industries including education, government, legal and financial services and manufacturing.
The software is well integrated into UCS and provides a simple installation. The automatic configuration includes:
- Administrator is automatically Nextcloud admin
- Users are enabled to access Nextcloud by default
- Users and Groups can be enabled/disabled in User & Group Settings
- User quota can be configured in User settings
- All User and Group benefits by Nextcloud LDAP Schema
- Web server fully configured and behind stock UCS web server acting as proxy and doing all TLS magic
You can install this new solution on your UCS server directly from the Univention App Center.