“Haus früher Hilfen” special education centre
Haus früher Hilfen, a non-profit-making facility funded by a parent’s association in Wiehl, Germany. The centre helps children with disabilities and developmental problems and advises families as well as other facilities.
Univention Corporate Server 3.2 with subsequent update to 4.0 as well as the new development of own documentation software.
- A future-proof and innovative concept for the IT infrastructure
- Guaranteed system development and updates
- Stable system requiring minimal administrative efforts
- Simple administration with no need for professional IT skills
- Mounting of Ubuntu clients
- Cost-effective solution
Bremen Senator for Education and Scientific Affairs
The Bremen Senator for Education and Scientific Affairs takes care of the IT for 156 schools in the city state with approx. 77,500 IT users (pupils, teachers and school staff) and 10,000 client systems.
Univention Corporate Server (UCS) with Samba 4 and UCS@school 3.2R2
- Centralised administration of educational IT infrastructures of the schools in the city.
- Cross-school, centralised provision of IT services such as e-mail, Internet, Intranet and the integration of different end devices such as the pupils’ smartphones and tablets.
- Easy-to-use software solution for teachers for controlling IT and the pupils’ computers in the classrooms.
Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung
Educational center PZ.BS, ICT Medien
Maintaining 60 school sites with 25,000 pupils and 2,500 teachers and about 3,000 PCs and notebooks.
Since 2010 UCS@school is used on 13 servers and 13 further, connected virtualized UCS servers as the central identity and access management system for the provision of file sharing, groupware services and virtual desktops based on Citrix.
- Central solution for the about 60 school sites with minimal overhead for the schools themselves
- Connection to Windows Active Directory via Univention AD Connection
- Extensive interface for the complete and automatic import of accounts from pupils and teachers
- Single sign-on and site-independent access to services via the Internet
- Integration of further services such as LDAP, mail and web mail, eduBS-Cloud (ownCloud), Plone (eduBS-education server), school websites), eduBS-ILIAS, SoLe
- Connection of Windows Active Directory via Univention AD Connection for the provision of virtual desktops based on Citrix.
Connexionpoint is one of the leading business process outsourcing providers in the USA, with a special focus on health issuance solutions.
UCS 4.0 is the platform of choice for managing end user systems configurations and identities across Windows and Linux Mint Clients as well as managing the identities and passwords within the connected Services used by the Agents. UCS is the deployed as the leading identity provider across all Call Centers.
- Support for Windows and Linux Mint Clients
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act compliant solution
- Support for multiple locations
- Ease of Management of over 2000 users
Diakonie Eine Welt, Austria
The Austrian Diakonie Eine Welt
Univention Corporate Server: As this infrastructure solution allows the integration of Windows domains on the one hand and because UCS offers the desired Open Source base with a German-speaking community on the other. Last but not least, Univention also has an Austrian service partner in Siedl Networks.
- Ablösung der ungenügenden Management-Konsole
- Zentrale Verwaltung der Geräte und ihrer Benutzer
- Zentrales Identity Management, um verschiedene Dienste leichter einbinden zu können
The Austrian company Eberspächer Tageslichttechnik with several sites and over 70 employees, many of whom work in field sales.
Univention Corporate Server (UCS) incl. Samba 4 and groupware Zarafa
- Sustainable IT infrastructure which is also equipped to deal with future requirements
- Standardised identity management
- Groupware solution, with which employees can continue to work with Microsoft Outlook clients
- An in-house cloud solution
Federal office for Radiation Protection
A federal office with 750 employees, 9 locations and 950 workstations with conventional office software and specialist applications.
UCS incl. Samba 4.
- Easy administration and great flexibility at the same time
- Consistent adminsitration of decentralised it infrastructures
- Georedundancy and high availability of all services
- Comprehensive support of all Microsoft Windows workstations and specialist applications
Georg Müller School
German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
Research institute with 800 employees at 6 sites located across Germany currently working on over 180 different research projects.
Set-up of four virtual servers with vSphere (VMware),UCS for central identity management and IT infrastructure management, Active Directory Connector for synchronisation of all existing directory services, Open-Xchange as new e-mail and groupware solution and Oxtender for mobile device access.
- New operating system allowing central administration of all resources
- Takeover of all users and rights
- Complete migration of entire 15-year e-mail archive
- Problem-free communication among staff
- Simple options for updating the system
Founded in 1999, KiKxxl is a communication server provider with its headquarters in Osnabrück and which operates call centres in Bochum, Bremen and Dortmund. The company boasts 1,600 employees and 1,450 computer-based workplaces.
Univention Corporate Server (UCS, Version 3.2) runs on one master, four slave and nine backup servers. Migration to UCS 4.0 is planned for 2015.
- Automation of granting of user rights
- Reduction of administration efforts for user and group administration
Over 550 Baden-Württemberg schools, whose school networks and IT services for lessons are supported by the LMZ.
The new version of paedML Linux 6.0, which is based on UCS@school and the Open Source server operating system Univention Corporate Server.
- Flexible firewall solution for expanded network infrastructures
- Multi-server operation and multi-school capability
- Support of current Windows desktops in the schools
- Control options for teachers such as screen monitoring and transfer or automatic distribution and collection of student data
- Integration of student smartphones
Lux Bau GmbH
Lux Bau GmbH in Hainfeld (Austria) with 120 employees at 3 sites
Conversion of the existing Windows server to Univention Corporate Server and conversion of Cyrus mail server to Zarafa
- Conversion of the existing Windows server and conversion of Cyrus mail server
- Sustainable IT infrastructure, which is also equipped for future requirements with its standardised identity management
- New groupware solution, with which employees can still continue to work with Microsoft Outlook Clients
Molitor Zahntechnik, Berlin
Dental laboratory technology company in Berlin
Univention Corporate Server (UCS) auf Serverhardware von Thomas-Krenn.
- Complete overhaul of the IT for a modern, low-maintenance IT environment protected against viruses.
- Use of the familiar, Microsoft Windows-based specialist applications
- Integration of Mac workstations
- Scalability of the new IT environment so as to be able to mount additional sites by means of a private cloud in the future if and as required
Nuhr Medical Center
Nuhr Medical Center in Senftenberg.
UCS on two Fujitsu Primergy servers including Zarafa groupware and Microsoft Outlook as the client together with a Kaspersky Lab security solution, SEP Seam back-up and restore solution and new patient management software.
- Complete upgrade of the IT system
- IT as the basis for maintaining and further developing the high medical standard
- Improvement of the IT services for patients
- Secure connection of mobile devices
POWER Personen-Objekt-WERkschutz GmbH
Security service provider POWER PERSONEN-OBJEKT-WERKSCHUTZ GMBH with 1,000 employers and 10 subsidiaries located throughout Germany
UCS and UVMM (KVM)
- Cost-effective solution also offering high security and stability
- Greater use of server virtualization
- No interruption or restriction of productive operation during migration
- Simple connection of 10 subsidiaries
regio iT: ucloud@school
ucloud@school is the secure and data protection compliant cloud offering for schools and school authorities by regio iT which is already used by 100 schools in North Rhine-Westphalia.
regio iT uses Univention Corporate Server and the integrated LDAP directory service as the identity and access management system for ucloud@school. It also offers connected file sharing and groupware services, which can be purchased in addition by schools and schools authorities.
- Multi-client capability during operation
- Self-management functions for the schools
- Single sign-on via Shibboleth/SAML
- Interfaces for the provision of user accounts and groups within the identity and access management
- High compatibility between UCS@school and services of other manufacturers
SIKB | Saarländische Investitionskreditbank AG
Sport and school administration office of schools in Frankfurt (Oder)
- Number of schools: 15 schools (18 locations)
- Number of users (pupils/teachers/employees): about 7,000
- Clients/server systems: about 1,600/50
- Printer/interactive whiteboards: 160/120
Univention Corporate Server 4.0-4 with Samba 4 and UCS@school 4.0 R2 v6
Master (hosted) / slave (for each location)
- Centralised administration of educational IT infrastructures of the schools
- Cross-school, centralized provision of IT services such as e-mail, Internet, Intranet and the integration of different end devices such as the pupils’ smart phones and tablets
- Cross-school, centralized user management
- Centralized data backup
- Easy-to-use software solution for teachers for controlling IT and the pupils’ computers in the classrooms
- Preferred application of open source and free software
University IT centres in Afghanistan rely on UCS
Fünf universitäre Rechenzentren in Afghanistan, betreut durch das Zentrum für internationale und interkulturelle Kommunikation (ZiiK) der TU Berlin.
- Extremely easy to use and maintain
- Open Source software to ensure know-how transfer
- Must be possible to maintain IT infrastructure autonomously
University of Vechta
Wick Machinery, a manufacturer of filling and closing machines with 15 employees and two sites in Austria.
Active Directory migration with AD Takeover function, UCS as new domain management system with central identity management. Use of the UCS-certified Open Source groupware solution Zarafa with Outlook. Integration of the UCS-certified backup solution SEP Sesam.
- Modernisation of the Windows 2003 server
- Implementation of a central user and group management system
- New, cost-efficient mail client
- Secure external access to data and the ERP system
- Central security solution