Keep the digital identities of your users under your own control and manage user data and access rights centrally and conveniently via UCS.
Expand your IT environment easily with new IT services and specialized applications from the Univention App Center or via standardized interfaces and integrate them in the central IDM of UCS.
Test UCS as Core Edition for Free and Use it Productively
With the Core Edition, you can get to know UCS in its full functional scope and use it free of charge. Download our IT management solution as an ISO or VM image. If you have any questions, you can find help in our active community forum. Or take the support subscription that is right for you and which you can also book later.
Test and Use UCS as a Ready-to-Use Software Appliance
As an alternative to the UCS Core Edition, you can opt for one of our preconfigured virtual appliances, which UCS delivers ready-to-use and free of charge in combination with an application such as ownCloud, Nextcloud, Rocket.Chat, and many others. In the Univention App Center Catalog you find numerous appliances in different virtualization and cloud formats.
Project Support and Assistance
A reliable IT infrastructure is the basis for the functioning and profitability of your organization. Therefore, UCS users can choose between different support options – from free community support for the UCS Core Edition to our forum and extensive on-site project support with your personal technical assistant. Our Enterprise Subscriptions offer a transparent, scalable and customizable pricing model.
Organizations of All Sizes Trust UCS
Die Chefarztabrechnung24 GmbH arbeitet als langjähriger Abrechnungspartner von Chefärzten, Fachärzten und Krankenhäusern.
- Aufbau einer eigenen IT-Infrastruktur
- Kollaborative Anwendungen wie E-Mail, Kalender, Addressbücher
- Zugriff per WebFrontend
- Mobile Anbindung von Smartphones mittels ActiveSync Protokoll
- Gemeinsamer Zugriff auf in Netzlaufwerken organisierte Dateistrukturen
- Nutzung eines der modernsten Rechenzentren in Deutschland (ISO:27001 kontrolliertem und zertifiziertem RZ)
- Univention Corporate Server (UCS)
- OpenVPN und FileServer
- Ubuntu Server LTS und die Zimbra-Groupware
- Neu angeschafte, geschäftliche Thinkpad Notebooks mit mobiler Anbindung
- Desktop bleibt wie gewohnt: Windows 7 Professional
Diese Umgebung unterstützt ein verteilt arbeitendes Team über einen in der Cloud bereitgestellten, traditionellen, kollaborativen Workspace.
Educational center PZ.BS, ICT Medien
Maintaining 60 school sites with 25,000 pupils and 2,500 teachers and about 3,000 PCs and notebooks.
- Central solution for the about 60 school sites with minimal overhead for the schools themselves
- Connection to Windows Active Directory via Univention AD Connection
- Extensive interface for the complete and automatic import of accounts from pupils and teachers
- Single sign-on and site-independent access to services via the Internet
- Integration of further services such as LDAP, mail and web mail, eduBS-Cloud (ownCloud), Plone (eduBS-education server), school websites), eduBS-ILIAS, SoLe
- Connection of Windows Active Directory via Univention AD Connection for the provision of virtual desktops based on Citrix.
Since 2010 UCS@school is used on 13 servers and 13 further, connected virtualized UCS servers as the central identity and access management system for the provision of file sharing, groupware services and virtual desktops based on Citrix.
Connexionpoint is one of the leading business process outsourcing providers in the USA, with a special focus on health issuance solutions.
- Support for Windows and Linux Mint Clients
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act compliant solution
- Support for multiple locations
- Ease of Management of over 2500 users
UCS is the platform of choice for managing end user systems configurations and identities across Windows and Linux Mint Clients as well as managing the identities and passwords within the connected Services used by the Agents. UCS is the deployed as the leading identity provider across all Call Centers.
Diakonie Eine Welt, Austria
The Austrian deaconry Eine Welt
- Replacement of the unsufficient management console
- Central management of the devices and their users
- Central identity management in order to easier integrate different services.
Univention Corporate Server: As this infrastructure solution allows the integration of Windows domains on the one hand and because UCS offers the desired Open Source base with a German-speaking community on the other. Last but not least, Univention also has an Austrian service partner in Siedl Networks.
The Austrian company Eberspächer Tageslichttechnik with several sites and over 70 employees, many of whom work in field sales.
- Sustainable IT infrastructure which is also equipped to deal with future requirements
- Standardised identity management
- Groupware solution, with which employees can continue to work with Microsoft Outlook clients
- An in-house cloud solution
Univention Corporate Server (UCS) incl. Samba 4 and groupware Kopano
Federal office for Radiation Protection
A federal office with 750 employees, 9 locations and 950 workstations with conventional office software and specialist applications.
- Easy administration and great flexibility at the same time
- Consistent adminsitration of decentralised it infrastructures
- Georedundancy and high availability of all services
- Comprehensive support of all Microsoft Windows workstations and specialist applications
UCS incl. Samba 4.
German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
Research institute with 800 employees at 6 sites located across Germany currently working on over 180 different research projects.
- New operating system allowing central administration of all resources
- Takeover of all users and rights
- Complete migration of entire 15-year e-mail archive
- Problem-free communication among staff
- Simple options for updating the system
Set-up of four virtual servers with vSphere (VMware),UCS for central identity management and IT infrastructure management, Active Directory Connector for synchronisation of all existing directory services, Open-Xchange as new e-mail and groupware solution and Oxtender for mobile device access.
Gymnasium Kusel; 930 Schüler, 70 Lehrer, IT-Umgebung mit zwei Servern und rund 300 Arbeitsplatzrechnern.
- Ablösung einer Windows-Umgebung mit einer überalterten Lösung, deren Update nur Windows-Clients erlaubt hätte.
- Ersatz durch ein Open Source-System für die Schulverwaltung und den IT-gestützten Unterricht, das keine Herstellerorientierung der Schüler mit sich bringt.
Univention Corporate Server (UCS), UCS@school, Univention Corporate Client (UCC).
Zur Förderung der Medienkompetenz der Schülerinnen und Schüler setzt die Berufsbildende Schule Handelslehranstalt Hameln seit 2010 eine internetgestützte Lernumgebung ein, die ca. 1.700 Schülerinnen und Schüler sowie ca. 80 Lehrkräfte aktiv nutzen.
Die Entwicklung eines medienpädagogischen Konzeptes hat u. a. eine Anpassung der innerschulischen IT-Infrastruktur erforderlich gemacht.
- Benutzerfreundliches Single Sign-On
- Integration der Kooperationsplattform EduPlaza, die u. a. individuelle Mailaccounts für Schülerinnen und Schüler und Lehrkräfte zur Verfügung stellt
- Flexible Ergänzung weiterer Software-Werkzeuge zur kollaborativen Nutzung im Rahmen einer Portal-Lösung
- Zentral zu verwaltende IT-Infrastruktur, mit der später weitere Schulstandorte schulträgerweit eingebunden werden können
- Sicherer Internet-Zugang
- Einbindung mobiler Endgeräte über zentralen ID-Vermittlungsdienst
Zentrale Steuerung der kompletten Schul-IT inkl. eines zentral gemanagten Identitätsmanagements aller Beteiligten über UCS@school. Erstellung einer Portalseite (https://portal.hla-hameln.de), mit der Lehrkräfte und Schüler einen Single-Sign-On Zugang zum schulweiten, leistungsfähigen WLAN erhalten sowie zu sämtlichen Applikationen, wie beispielsweise EduPlaza, WebUntis, der Messenger Rocket.Chat, die Software-Verteilung opsi sowie die komplette PC-Raum Steuerung.
The media center maintains 72 schools in the district of Kassel with about 25,000 pupils. It also manages the use of around 6,000 end devices.
- Central administration of the school IT in spite of the wide-spread area structure
- Functional IT despite partially poor Internet connection at schools in rural areas
- Centralized provision of services from the data center Hofgeismar, combined with local school servers
Full extension of UCS@school with central services and school servers.
Partial use of UCS@school administration servers in networks which are separated from the educational network.
Founded in 1999, KiKxxl is a communication server provider with its headquarters in Osnabrück and which operates call centres in Bochum, Bremen and Dortmund. The company boasts 1,900 employees and 1,600 computer-based workplaces.
- Automation of granting of user rights
- Reduction of administration efforts for user and group administration
- Integration of important services (mail, chat, office license management, telephony) into the central resource management
Univention Corporate Server runs on one master, four slave and nine backup servers. The UCS management system is used for the assignment, adjustment and control of the rights assignment. KiKxxl has expanded the UDM module in the UCS management system to automate the control processes in such a way that it is no longer necessary for the IT specialists to intervene.
Over 550 Baden-Württemberg schools, whose school networks and IT services for lessons are supported by the LMZ.
- Flexible firewall solution for expanded network infrastructures
- Multi-server operation and multi-school capability
- Support of current Windows desktops in the schools
- Control options for teachers such as screen monitoring and transfer or automatic distribution and collection of student data
- Integration of student smartphones
The new version of paedML Linux 6.0, which is based on UCS@school and the Open Source server operating system Univention Corporate Server.
In Landkreis Ludwigslust-Parchim there are currently 19 schools at 21 school locations with around 7,200 students, 670 teachers and around 25 clerks.
The district pursue following goals by using UCS@school:
- Expansion of the fibre-optic network, which provides 30 Mbit/s in every classroom and an area-wide wifi network in all buildings (temporary solution: exploitation of already existing providers)
- Provision of mobile terminals, especially at secondary and vocational schools, based on pedagogical concepts
- Relocation of services to the cloud or to Schwerin‘s computer centre, e.g. data storage, document management, applications, learning applications, e-mail, (school administration software)
- Definition of a unified IT strategy at the district‘s schools on the basis of the media development plan
- Central concept for operation and support including necessary know-how build-up and correspondingly efficient organisation
- IT security for all computer networks, especially for the pedagogical and administrative network
- Youth protection via policies and central firewall
- Backup solution for all data
- Using UCS@school for a central administration of all users‘ identities as well as a central user-friendly access to all applications
- itslearning as a learning platform for lesson preparation, provision of learning material and tasks, promotion of group work, communication between teachers, students and parents
- Integration of the district‘s media centre online media library with learning material
- Microsoft Outlook for e-mail communication (via MS Office package licence)
- Central software distribution, support, technical maintenance and supervision by the IT service provider KSM, which is not only supported by Ludwigslust-Parchim district but also by others
- Various Microsoft Office products (local installation on private terminals via Office 365), including applications such as interactive maps, video editing, etc.
- File sharing and file storage via cloud solutions including the connection to the the user administration of UCS@school
Lux Bau GmbH
Lux Bau GmbH in Hainfeld (Austria) with 120 employees at 3 sites
- Conversion of the existing Windows server and conversion of Cyrus mail server
- Sustainable IT infrastructure, which is also equipped for future requirements with its standardised identity management
- New groupware solution for e-mails, appointments and contacts including an automatic data exchange between groupware and the central MIS system
Conversion of the existing Windows server to Univention Corporate Server and conversion of Cyrus mail server to Kopano
Maynard Steel Casting Company
Maynard Steel Casting Company is a full-service foundry based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA, with around 300 employees.
- Replacement of outdated Microsoft Windows Active Directory Services
- Implementation of a new groupware
- Possibility to operate IT in the own data centre
- Reduction of administration effort and more scalability
- Unified and simple management of IT services and users
- Univention Corporate Server (UCS) for operation and management of the entire IT infrastructure
- The groupware Kopano for mail and calendar
- Integration of the already in use solutions Fuse Mail, VMWare, Solidworks and Magma-soft into the management of UCS.
Mercedes-Benz of Buckhead
Car dealership with affiliated workshop in Atlanta, Georgia, USA with 150 employees and 75 end devices that need to be serviced
- Replacement of the obsolete and maintenance-intensive MS Active Directory
- Reduction of administrative overhead
- Easy to use central identity and access management
- Integration of Mercedes specialist applications into the IDM
- More security through domain-wide password policies
- File sharing and roaming profiles
- Replacement of MS Active Directory through UCS with Samba 4
- Joining all virtual and physical desktops into the UCS domain
- Migration of all users to UCS
- Central management of WLAN and VPN user access via UCS
- Connection of virtual desktop systems and thin clients in UCS
- Connection of Mercedes specialist applications e.g. sales processing, scheduling and maintenance
Molitor Zahntechnik, Berlin
Molitor Zahntechnik (Dental laboratory technology company) in Berlin
- Complete overhaul of the IT for a modern, low-maintenance IT environment protected against viruses.
- Use of the familiar, Microsoft Windows-based specialist applications
- Integration of Mac workstations
- Scalability of the new IT environment so as to be able to mount additional sites by means of a private cloud in the future if and as required
Univention Corporate Server (UCS) on server hardware from Thomas-Krenn.
Univention GmbH is a developer of Open Source software for the operation and management of IT infrastructures and the administration of digital identities. Our goal is to enable companies, government institutions and the education sector to keep their data, applications and IT systems under their own control, to use them easily and to combine and further enhance them according to their needs. To this end, we have developed UCS as a complete solution for the administration of IT infrastructures, applications, resources and users.
Building on UCS, we offer UCS@school, an education-optimized platform that provides and manages IT services for schools, school boards and states.