With UCS 4.1-1, we are happy to provide the first point release of Univention Corporate Server (UCS) 4.1, which is stuffed with a whole bunch of very useful improvements in usability, performance and security. It also includes as always all errata updates issued for UCS 4.1-0 as well as bugfixes and a number of enhancements.
The following updates and improvements have been implemented:
- We have updated the Linux kernel to 4.1.16. This includes several security updates as well as new and updated drivers for better hardware support.
- Via a Samba update to 4.3.3 we improved the compatibility to Active Directory. This includes, among others, improvements in the DRS replication and several security updates.
- The performance of the directory service replication has also been increased significantly. You thus experience a much faster join into a domain with thousands of users.
- The compatibility to the Internet Explorer has been improved. Furthermore, the browser compatibility list has been updated. Users of older, no longer supported browsers now receive a notification.
- We are happy about several enhancements in design and usability of the Univention App Center. It is now, for example, possible to navigate easily between the different Apps and the App Center startup performance is now also much higher.
- And we implemented numerous bugfixes and improvements in the area of localization and internationalization so that own translations can be added easily.
In addition, we carried out a number of useful enhancements, among others:
- UCS Virtual Machine Manager (UVMM) is now able to manage Virtual Private Clouds (VPC) in Amazon Web Services (AWS). This provides the possibility to administrate virtual machines in the EC2 region eu-central-1 (Frankfurt am Main).
- UVMM supports the migration of stopped virtual machines.
- The management and provisioning of Active Directory functions provided by Samba has been enhanced.
- The self service functions have been improved.
- The installer now supports the automatic setup of systems in the role domain controller master.
- An automatic monitoring of the provisioning of the built-in Active Directory via Nagios is now also available.
- Improvements on the management of the print server
- Improvements on the robustness of the LDAP replication
- Numerous security updates, among others, for MySQL, OpenJDK or the bootloader Grub.
- Extensive stability improvements, among other things, in the App Center, the installer, the management of Samba as well as in the UCS management system.
- Last but not least we conducted usability enhancements not only in the App Center but also in the installer, the UCS management system, the updater as well as in UVMM.
You can find a detailed description of all conducted improvements and enhancements in the Release Notes. For further questions, we like to guide you to the Univention Help Forum where we love to help you any further.
Use UCS Core Edition for Free!Download now
Maren Abatielos joined Univention in 2012. Since then she has been engaged in content and social media marketing for UCS and Open Source in general.