All university dissertations (Master or Bachelor) which make an innovative contribution to the field of Linux and Open Source software are eligible for submission. The dissertations must be written in German or English and have been assessed in 2014, 2015 or 2016 when submitted. The following documents must also be submitted:
- The author’s CV in table form
- A one-page abstract (max. two pages)
- The complete dissertation
- Proof that the work has been assessed and the degree completed (e.g., assessment report and Master or Bachelor or equivalent degree certificate)
- Specification of the Open Source license, insofar as software is developed in the scope of the dissertation
By submitting his/her documents, the participant consents to Univention’s publishing his/her name and the abstract of the dissertation if it is awarded first, second or third prize.
The other documents are required purely for the verification of the formal criteria and/or the assessment of the dissertation. They are provided to the members of the jury by Univention. The information is not used for any other purpose and is especially not provided to third parties.