With UCS 4.2-3, the third point release for Univention Corporate Server (UCS) 4.2 is now available. It includes a number of improvements and security updates.
Among the highlights of 4.2-3 are several new functional tests that allow administrators to diagnose their IT infrastructure. Thanks to these, you can now check upon the health of the server and the entire domain.
Another focus of our development team was on adding more comfort to the operation of the management system. In addition to a simpler configurability of the complete system, we’ve also refreshed its design and usability. Furthermore, you now benefit from new configuration options for the single sign-on feature of the management system and the certificate used for this.
And we also further improved UCS’ stability. There now are, for example, more tests done when a UCS domain joins a Microsoft Active Directory domain, so that you get early notices of potential problems as well as corresponding suggestions how to remove or avoid these.
Further release details at a glance:
- Various security updates for Samba, Asterisk and others
- Update of the Linux kernel to 4.9.64 including various security and stability updates
- Configuration of the LDAP directory backups on the system via UCR variables
- More detailed error message when an app installation fails
- Persistent use of the configured DNS server in UCS Docker containers
Information on all innovations and changes can be found in the UCS 4.2-3 Release Notes.
You can download UCS 4.2-3 directly from our download area.