Your aim is to make the IT structure within your company open, flexible, scalable and economical. In doing so, you are faced continually with the challenge of releasing yourself from your dependency on certain suppliers, getting ongoing license contracts or incompatibility with various applications under control and having to work with solutions that demand high administration effort, often do not run stably and with expensive results, which you can only replace at great cost.
UCS as a Platform Expand Your IT with Open Source Enterprise Applications
UCS as the ideal platform for third-party applications such as groupware, backup and further enterprise applications
Running applications using Univention Corporate Server provides a high degree of operational reliability, central and effective administration, no repeated user account maintenance, uncomplicated commissioning and maintenance together with simple integration into existing IT environments, regardless of operation in the cloud or in your own data center. UCS is the ideal platform for operating and managing mailware, groupware and countless other collaboration systems, whether they are backup, recovery or CRM applications. With UCS, Windows, Mac OS X and Linux client systems can all be centrally operated and administrated. And thanks to the integrated Active Directory functions, a standardized identity management system can be implemented for both Microsoft Windows and Unix systems.
UCS offers countless functions for operating and managing your IT and the integrated app center also offers the option of expanding your IT system with a range of enterprise applications using just a few mouse clicks. These can then be managed directly through the central management system.
Advantages of UCS
- Simple-to-operate, central web-based management system
- Simple integration into or full migration from Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Simple expansion of IT infrastructure including third-party applications and integration into the central management system through open interfaces and predefined connectors
- Secure integration of cloud-based applications
- Centrally-controlled management and operation of virtualized servers and clients
- Microsoft Active Directory compatible domain services
- Integrated app center to install third-party applications and additional UCS components
- Network and intranet services
- Server management