Note: The app SEP sesam Hybrid Backup | Backup-Server has been discontinued and is available for UCS 4.x only. There will be no update to UCS 5. For more information, see The future is UCS 5.
Hybrid Backup and Disaster Recovery to protect your entire virtual and physical IT-environment
SEP sesam reliably protects all components of the UCS platform (LDAP, mail & groupware, administration services and file areas) consistently during operation with SEP sesam Hot-Backup modules. SEP sesam can be installed on UCS as backup server or backup client. The long-term partnership with Univention is characterized by an intensive cooperation – assuring powerful solutions "Made in Germany".
This UCS app contains the following SEP sesam components:
- SEP sesam Backup-Server which enables a fast data recovery independent from the backed up host (requires SEP sesam Backup Client). It is therefore the prerequisite for comprehensive disaster recovery. Data storage needs to be connected for the storage of the data. The package can also be used as SEP sesam Remote Device Server (e.g. for backup storage connection at external locations).
- Graphical user interface for administration and monitoring of the entire backup environment
- SEP sesam Backup Client for self backup of the backup server
Examples for the protection of your Univention environment with SEP sesam Hybrid Backup
KVM/QEMU, VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix Hypervisor (XenServer), XCP-ng, RHV, Open Nebula, Nutanix & Proxmox
Collaboration & Groupware:
Kopano, Exchange, Office 365, Domino
SEP sesam Kopano Backup Advantages:
- Full Kopano support
- Recovery of individual objects (e-mail, contacts, calendar, notes)
- Search for lost e-mails in the Restore Wizard
- Multi Domain Support
- Fast data backup & restore
- The only professional backup solution with GUI, graphical restore wizard and brick level backup
- Restore to the mailbox of other users
- Restore to other folders or to other Kopano servers
- Hot backup during operation
- Full and differential backup
- Restore granularity: Entire server, database, individual objects, single email
File Sync & Share:
Maria DB, Postgres, Enterprise DB, Oracle, Informix, My SQL, Microsoft SQL, DB2, SAP HANA, SAP ASE, SAP MaxDB, SAP Netweaver, SAP BusinessOne...
A lot more...
The SEP sesam Backup & Recovery solution supports you even more comprehensively, especially if you use heterogeneous environments. For more than 25 years SEP sesam Hybrid Backup has been providing reliable data backup solutions for organizations and enterprises from midsize to enterprise in more than 50 countries.
The UCS@school platform in combination with SEP sesam provides a turnkey concept for school environments.
Furthermore, SEP sesam Hybrid Backup and Disaster Recovery is the ideal solution for heterogeneous IT infrastructures, for companies and organizations from midsize to enterprise and supports all virtualization platforms, operating systems, databases and applications - up to SAP. It is the only backup software that is certified for SAP HANA on Intel and IBM Power platforms as well as SAP NetWeaver and at the same time attractively priced.
The reliable recovery of all data, German quality and product standards, the flexibly adaptable license models and an attractive price-performance ratio are only a few arguments why organizations worldwide have chosen the hybrid backup solution SEP sesam.
10 facts at a glance that speak for themselves!
- Multi-Hypervisor Support (support of 9 hypervisors)
- Consistent backup and recovery of all databases and applications
- Support of all common operating systems like Windows, Linux, Unix, MAC and Micro Focus/Novell NetWare
- Disaster Recovery of Windows and Linux systems even for different hardware
- Minimal storage volume during data backup due to Si3 inline deduplication technology
- Effective Si3 replication of the backed up data for distributed environments incl. S3 cloud replication
- Hardware and software independent
- 24x7 manufacturer support
- Backup "Made in Germany"
- Specialized in data protection solutions for more than 25 years