Univention Corporate Client (UCC) is a flexible solution for the operation and administration of PCs, notebooks, and thin clients. The software is perfectly suited to use in both enterprises and institutions. It is a Ubuntu-based desktop environment optimized for business use, which can be managed conveniently via a web-based management console. Use of UCC as a Citrix client or managed Linux desktop also proves practical in many cases.
Application Scenarios for UCC
UCC as a thin client
You have a Citrix environment comprising XenDesktop or XenApp and want to access this environment remotely from a thin client. The user rights are administrated centrally.
Advantages of using UCC as a thin client
- The Citrix Receiver Client for Linux is preinstalled and verified as Citrix Ready.
- Access to RDP terminal services is integrated; additional clients can be added.
- The rollout can be performed quicker and simpler thanks to the image-based procedure. Devices can be exchanged with minimal efforts.
- UCC’s Ubuntu basis permits extensive support of a wide range of thin client devices and ensures reduced dependence on Windows-oriented thin client hardware.
- Administrative efforts are reduced thanks to fully automatic installation and updates are managed centrally.
- Commercial support is guaranteed by the provider for the client operating environment and its management via UCS.
- UCC supports the construction of your own desktop images and thus allows customizing of the client in accordance with individual requirements. This is particularly interesting for large environments.
UCC as a managed Linux desktop
You want to introduce a centrally managed Linux desktop and keep the associated maintenance efforts as low as possible.
Advantages of using UCC as a managed Linux desktop
- UCC reduces the administrative efforts required thanks to fully automatic installation, centralized update management, and consistent user and rights management via policies.
- UCC is a centrally managed Linux desktop which is particularly well suited to use in environments where there are large groups of users with the same requirements on the desktop.
- The use of Ubuntu LTS for the basis ensures a high degree of hardware support for PCs and notebooks.
- Support for Linux desktop (for details, please see UCC Enterprise Support) is guaranteed.
Test Univention Corporate Client for free now
Download Univention Corporate Server including UCC as a turnkey appliance from the app catalog.