This module provides people who administer IT environments or perform planning and administrative IT tasks with the necessary knowledge and skills to plan and conceptualize UCS environments. The focus is on the fundamental concepts of using UCS in organizational IT.
The unit can be taken as a self-study followed by a test or as a half-day remote course immediately preceding the UCS Installation and Administration Fundamentals module.
Required Prior Knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of server-based services
- Elementary experience in the administration of Active Directory or Linux-based directory services and systems.
The training content at a glance:
- Basic IT services and protocols in UCS (LDAP,DNS,SSL/TLS,Kerberos,…)
- UCS domain concept and UCS server roles
- Univention Directory Manager
- Univention Config Registry
- Synchronization concepts, replication (Notifier/Listener)
- Services for Windows (Samba, Samba replication, Active Directory connection)
- Basics Single-Sign-On (Kerberos, SAML)
- Licensing and maintenance concept of UCS
- Working with information sources about UCS
Number of participants:
max. 8 participants
350,- Euro net per participant.
You have the option to book this module as part of a training package. The UCS technical training includes the theoretical and practical handling of UCS including technical and administrative application.
With the complete UCS@school training package, you also acquire the necessary knowledge for the administration of UCS@school. You can easily specify your booking request in the registration form.